Written by Kenneth L. Foote
Firearms and Weapons Attorneys
If you or a family member is accused of a crime involving a gun, or even having a gun along during the commission of a crime, the stakes are dangerously high. Weapons violation charges in Florida are governed by some of the most stringent gun laws in the United States. If convicted, you face a mandatory minimum prison sentence that could land you in jail for the rest of your life.
When it comes to Firearms and Weapons offenses, the State of Florida is as tough as they come. Florida's 10/20/LIFE law imposes mandatory/minimum sentences for certain crimes committed with a firearm. [A mandatory/minimum sentence requires that the convicted person serve the entire sentence day-for-day, and they are NOT eligible for ANY form of early release.]
The current version of Florida's 10/20/LIFE law is applied as follows:
When a firearm is used in the commission of a crime, the crime may be enhanced to the next higher felony degree and the possible punishment may be greatly increased. Under the 10/20/LIFE statute, if you are convicted of one of the crimes listed in the statute and a firearm was used in the commission of the crime, you will face a minimum/mandatory sentence of:
- TEN years if you possessed a firearm during the commission of the crime.
- TWENTY years if the firearm was discharged during the commission of the crime.
- TWENTY FIVE YEARS TO LIFE if anyone was seriously injured or died as the result of a discharge from the firearm during the commission of the crime.
To preserve your freedom and your future, you need a criminal defense attorney who has handled a large number of firearms cases and is willing to fight for you. We know constitutional defenses. We will analyze the police reports to find out if the search and seizure was lawful.
With the consequences for weapons violation charges so severe, it is essential that you contact an experience and aggressive attorney to explore every option for your defense to reduce or dismiss charges, and keep your civil rights intact.
Whether you are accused of a robbery or assault with a gun or with a knife, bat, pipe or other weapon, the attorneys at K.L. Foote will provide you the best possible defense.
Please call 1-877-903-6683 to speak with an experienced Florida firearms and weapons defense attorney immediately. The experienced and skilled attorneys at K.L. Foote can represent you or your family memeber if they are chard with:
- Carrying a Concealed Weapon, Carrying a Concealed Firearm
- Improper Exhibition of a Firearm
- Shooting at, within or into a Vehicle/Building
- Delinquent in Possession of a Firearm, Felon in Possession of a Firearm (3 year minimum/mandatory)
- Aggravated Assault with a Firearm
- Armed Burglary
- Armed Robbery
- Armed Kidnapping
- Armed Sexual Battery
- First and Second Degree Murder, Felony Murder
Contact One of Our Florida Firearms and Weapons Defense Attorneys for a FREE Consultation.